"21" - Prickly Pear Cactus Seed Oil Night Serum
Inside the fruits of the prickly pear (Opuntia ficus indica) are seeds that contain oil rich in fatty acids, phenols, vitamin E, phytosterols, and antioxidants. It is suitable for all skin types, including acne-prone and dry skin. The best part is, it's lightweight and fast-absorbing yet still very soothing and moisturising, Its' chemical constituents are as follows - Linoleic acid (60.5%), Oleic acid (20%), Stearic acid (3.2%, Palmitic acid (13.9%), Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Zinc, Flavonoids.
What are benefits of using prickly pear oil?
Prickly pear cactus seed oil is a highly moisturising skin softener. It stimulates collagen production to promote cell regeneration, and promotes skin elasticity. It is known to reduce fine lines (facial) when used regularly.
Prickly Pear Oil is a potent source of Vitamin E, in fact, it is 150% more potent in Vitamin E than Argan oil! This oil is perfect for helping to brighten age spots, sun damage and hyperpigmentation. Prickly Pear is also said to help strengthen and rebuild the skin's natural protective barrier and fight back against environmental damage. It is said that it can protect the skin from free radical damage resulting from exposure to harmful elements such as pollution, chemical toxins and harsh weather conditions., Also known to promote a healthy complexion, reduce under-eye shadows and eye circles and help preserve skin cells from the ravages of time
Antioxidant and antibacterial properties
Antioxidants are well known to prevent skin damage from sunlight, aging, and other stressors. Antibacterial substances are known to cleanse skin and stop acne breakouts.
Research has shown that prickly pear oil contains high levels of antioxidants and has antibacterial properties. This suggests it could be used to prevent skin damage and future breakouts.
Prickly pear oil contains a high content of linoleic acid. Linoleic acid helps the skin retain water, keeping it hydrated.
Prickly pear oil is also very beneficial on cracked heels and helps strengthen nails!
Why Grass Roots Body Care Prickly Pear Cactus Seed Oil?
With the addition of Citrus limon (lemon essential oil), Citrus paradisi (pink grapefruit essential oil) and Pelargonium (geranium essential oil), Grass Roots Body Care Prickly Pear Cactus Seed Oil Serum not only provides the benefits of the Prickly Pear Oil, it contains 3 super essential oils with many skincare benefits of their own.
Lemon essential oil known benefits
- helps decrease hyperpigmentation
Pink grapefruit essential oil benefits
- rich in beta carotene, which is an awesome antioxidant
- contains vitamin A, which is essential for slowing the aging process
- has lycopene, which is known to reduce inflammation and prevent cell mutation from the sun
- contains B vitamins and minerals such as iron, calcium, copper, and phosphorus, which are all amazing for the lymphatic system
- natural source of salicylic acid, which will keep the pores clean and heal breakouts
- skin-brightening properties especially for hyperpigmentation
Geranium essential oil benefits
- reduces acne breakouts, skin irritation, and skin infections
- Wrinkle Reducer naturally firms up facial skin, and is used dermatologically to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Because it naturally tightens skin without reducing moisture and suppleness, it minimises many of the common signs of ageing skin.
- Skin Enhancer With its antibacterial and soothing anti-inflammatory properties, geranium oil can really boost skin health. Geranium oil can help in the treatment of acne, dermatitis and skin diseases.